Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Four New Pieces....
After selling the Paris at Midnight painting to a lovely couple from London who wanted to make it a housewarming gift for their daughter who was moving her family back a couple of months ago, I rushed in a painting that I had just finished to the gallery. Unfortunately, I had not photographed and posted it yet. So now, here it is.
I found this scene outside Quebec City last October while touring to see Fall colors.And, that's what I named it, Fall Colors. 
I have now completed another painting from that trip which I have titled  A Walk in the Park.  While exploring  around Montmorency Falls near Quebec City, I followed the path into an adjoining park that was still displaying magnificent autumn colors. Although a cool, crisp day, the beauty attracted a number of folks intent on admiring nature.  Meandering through the falling leaves of so many hues was an inspiring experience for an artist.                                                                                                           A third piece from that trip I call mon ami. While touring the old city part of Quebec City, I wandered into a churchyard with a walled off area. This friendly fellow and his goat companion came rushing up to say hello. His obvious need for human interaction made me immediately warm to him. I only wished that I had some carrots to offer as a gift. Lingering there for a while with him was a real highlight of the trip.   
Finally, the fourth new painting is from my last trip to London.This one I named Tap Dance. I remember it was early afternoon in London. I was just walking around trying to soak up the English experience. I realized there was a pub on the next corner. Suddenly, a hunger for fish and chips and a tankard struck me. It was everything I imagined with all the old wood paneling, numerous beer/ale taps and the well-dressed regulars with white hair. I sat in a corner absorbing it all while munching on my lunch. I believe it took another tankard while I filed all the details into my artist memory.
             

No comments: